Contribute to making life easier for entrepreneurs.
Bokio makes it easier to bookkeep! By automating and digitising the current accounting, we help more than 56,000 business owners with their accounting today. We are a fast-growing IT and accounting company. Exciting as it is, we are launching our product in the UK and we are now looking for you to join our rock star Growth Team!
Why is this job important?
As part of the Growth Team, your goal is to improve the performance, attraction, conversion, and global expansion of the website. To do so, you will work closely with our Growth manager, developers and designers to carry out and run experiments to find the golden nugget that will take the website to the next level.
What will you do?
As a web developer, you will be working on:
- Implementing new features on the website
- Improve existing features
- Experiment with A/B tests
- Improve the responsiveness and performance of the website
- Help our existing users by optimising the help center and blog
- Be a part of our Growth team (developers, content writer, designers, data scientist, growth manager) with english speaking colleagues
Your responsibilities will also include doing code reviews (and being reviewed), writing tests and making sure the code is readable.
What will you learn on this job?
"We work with award-winning designers. The interaction with these have taught me more in one and a half year than the 8 previous years I’ve been building software. When working in a start-up, you will see the effects of your work very quickly. This feedback is also incredibly valuable to evolve your skills. You will see right away if your assumptions about the users were correct and if you are the right person for this job you will learn new things every day from the constant evaluation. And every day you will become a better developer because of it."
- Mikael Eliasson, Chief Technical Officer
Who do we think is right for this job?
- You have significant experience in web development
- You have worked in a team or you are eager to
- You are able to speak to both technical and business stakeholders (in english)
- You are empathic and do really care about users experience
- You are analytical and like every chance to improve yourself, the team and the website
- You have worked with a CMS (Content Management System) before
- You understand the web in general when it comes to responsive websites, Open Graph, page speed and SEO.
- You have worked with Umbraco CMS before
- You know the browser developer tools really well
- You are a full-stack developer
- You understand how to measure and improve performance in backend and front-end
- Evolve among talented, international and fun team mates
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- Work with modern technologies and be on the edge of what's possible to do with a computer
- Improve your skills by sharing knowledge within the company and ongoing competence development
- An awesome office in central Gothenburg
In the website project we are using:
- ASP.NET MVC
- Umbraco CMS
- HTML5/CSS3 (we only support modern browsers
- SQL Server
Are you the one we are looking for?
Or, do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
We look forward to receiving your application!Apply for this job