Running a small business is harder than it should be! Small businesses are 99.8% of all enterprises in the world and the backbone of the economy. But, far too much time and money is spent on administrative tasks that don’t create value.
Bokio makes it super easy for everyone to run a business through automation of financial services, accounting, payments and taxes. We make sure our users understand their finances and have the right tools to make the best decisions for their businesses.
Sounds exciting? Join the team and help us make an already awesome product even better!
We are now looking for an experienced Web Developer to take the responsibility for actively experimenting with and improving our external website. You will work both with the CMS backend (Umbraco) and with the frontend; and partner up with multiple stakeholders within the organization to understand how to best attract new and help current customers.
More details can be found below, but in a nutshell:
- You will work closely together with Product, Design, Marketing and Communications to make our external web as awesome as it can be!
- Your main playground will be: Umbraco CMS, HTML/SCSS/JS, ASP.NET MVC/Core, ImageProcessor
Who you are
- You have passion for UX/Frontend development; and empathy for end-users and editors and truly care about improving their experience.
- You are a problem solver, a fast learner, and comfortable wearing many hats.
- You are resilient and see fast-paced change as an opportunity.
- You have grit. When things get hard you simply try smarter.
- You are a good communicator and comfortable with spoken and written English.
- You know, care about and use sound engineering practices to develop well-crafted software.
- You have a growth mindset and are constantly looking for ways to improve and learn, both as a professional and as an individual.
What’s in your backpack
- You have 3+ years of experience as a web developer and are comfortable with HTML/CSS/JS/TS.
- You have experience with Umbraco (or similar CMS and are willing to learn Umbraco).
- You have worked with .NET, Microsoft Azure and related tooling.
- You care about the website performance and keep that in mind both when coding on backend and frontend.
- You are familiar with the technical side of SEO, web analysis and marketing on the web.
- It would be considered a great bonus if:
- You have/had your own company and understand the perils of running a small business; and/or
- You are familiar with accounting, invoicing or fintech.
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable colleagues.
- A diverse workplace, with skilled and kind people from all over the world.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work model with the possibility to work flexible remote.
- Awesome offices in central Gothenburg & Stockholm.
- Wellness grant, pension and other benefits. Including waffles!
We have a Hybrid work model with central offices in Gothenburg and Stockholm. For this position, we are primarily looking for somebody who can join our splendid office in central Göteborg, with the possibility to work flexible remote. For amazing candidates, our equally excellent office in Stockholm can be considered.
Life at Bokio
You are welcome at Bokio for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace! We are creating a culture at Bokio where empathy, diversity, respect and courage are front and centre. Get a glimpse of Life at Bokio here, here and here. Do you feel that you don't match all our criteria? We are looking for the right person at heart, not the right person on paper. So if you really feel passionate about our mission and our users, and feel you can contribute, you can still apply!
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!Apply for this job