Bokio is a fast-growing SaaS company simplifying life for small business owners and operators through easy to use and highly automated invoicing, accounting, payroll and payment products.
Today we empower over 100k entrepreneurs in Sweden and the UK - tomorrow we will help entrepreneurs globally manage their businesses.
With an international and growing team composed of 85 employees in Gothenburg and Stockholm, we are now looking for a VP of Engineering to help scale and strengthen our engineering organization.
What you will do at Bokio
Attract, develop and retain top engineering talent needed to deliver on Bokio growth ambitions. This includes everything from staffing and competence development to effective engineering practices and processes. This role is responsible for the growth and delivery of the entire engineering organization, and will have personnel responsibility for our engineering managers.
More concretely, this includes:
- Leading and growing our engineering organization through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on personal career development
- Fostering a collaborative engineering culture, focused on solving end-user problems and a test & learn mindset
- Proactively identifying and closing skill gaps in the engineering organization and ensuring effective knowledge sharing across teams and individuals (with and through Engineering Managers)
- Securing sound engineering practices and taking overall responsibility for security, health and scalability of Bokio’s solutions
- Supporting teams in implementing engineering practices and agile processes, in collaboration with product and design leadership
- Refining the organizational structure and roles as the organization grows and product priorities shift
Who you are
- You are passionate about developing people and building a strong engineering organization
- You have a strong track record of growing your reports and providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for competence development
- You are genuinely excited about recruiting and scaling up a young organization
- You have experience managing and developing engineering teams, preferably in fast-growing software companies
- Experience working as a Scrum master / Agile coach, running your own company or being a software developer yourself is a big plus
We have a Hybrid work model with central offices in Gothenburg and Stockholm. For this position, we are primarily looking for somebody who can join our splendid office in central Göteborg, with the possibility to work flexible remote. For amazing candidates, our equally excellent office in Stockholm can be considered.
We have created a culture at Bokio where empathy, diversity and courage are front and center. At Bokio you work with the best colleagues in a fun and fast-paced environment, where you have large freedom and equally large responsibilities.
This is a chance to be part of an exciting scale-up with plenty of opportunities for personal growth and career development, frequent social activities and good benefits.
Are you the one we are looking for? Or, do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Apply for this job