Bokio is now hiring a front-end oriented web developer to join our communications & acquisition team and work with building an even better website that helps entrepreneurs succeed.
Why is this job important?
When you work at Bokio you will be able to improve the life of millions of small business owners by making our already loved product even faster and easier to use. Your work will help them to be better at one the most important, and daunting, parts of their life.
Our goal is to make accounting fun! Sounds impossible? Well, some of our users already claim we have made them enjoy accounting and we have barely scratched the surface on what we could do to help them and make Bokio more enjoyable. And this is where you come in, with your expertise you will help us launch features that truly help people and make sure that they are a true joy to use.
What will you do?
As a web developer, you will work on building a really great website that attracts new users and helps our existing ones. You will work in a team with our copy writers and art director to optimise user experience, as well as cooperate closely with product teams on e.g., new feature releases.
- Implement new and enhancing features of the website.
- Improve the experience in the CMS for our web editors.
- Help with research and new ideas.
- Work in a small team with great colleagues.
- Perform code reviews (and being reviewed).
- Build and improve features that integrate between the application/product and the website.
- Run AB-tests, improve SEO and page load performance.
Who do we think is right for this job?
- You are empathic and really care about how we affect the users.
- You have grit. When things get hard you simply try harder.
- You are analytical and like every chance to improve both yourself, the team and the website/product.
- You have a good feeling for how the web works when it comes to web analysis, SEO, accessibility and performance.
- You have worked with a CMS before.
- You understand how to measure and improve performance on a website.
- Bonus: You know TypeScript.
- Bonus: You know the browser developer tools really well.
- Bonus: You are familiar with ASP.NET.
- Bonus: You know accounting
- Bonus: You have had your own company or any other experience relevant to what we are doing.
- You get to enjoy the company of skilled and kind people from around the world.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from home much of the time.
- Skilled colleagues, we only hire people that pass our tests.
- Great possibilities to improve your skills as a developer through tough and interesting challenges plus the possibility to take courses as part of your work.
- An awesome office in central Gothenburg.
In the main project on the front-end we are using:
- Umbraco CMS
- ASP.NET MVC
Are you the one we are looking for? Or, do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Apply for this job