Bokio is now hiring a developer to our Core Team to help make our service safer, faster and easier for the rest of the team to build.
How you would fit into the team?
The Core team has very broad responsibilities as you will see below but this role in particular have more focus on the security aspects. The other developers on the Core team cover the product development and API design very well. While we hope to find someone that also are good at all those areas the important focus here is to complement the team with someone who can take more responsibility for the security area and build up our future capabilities in this area.
What will you do?
You will do a bit of everything, which is why we think having experience is important. One week you might tweak our infrastructure to scale better or be safer. The next task could be to build some internal APIs that makes testing far more efficient for the rest of the team. And after that you might be building some exciting new functionality, we don't yet have a dedicated feature team for.
In other words you will use your experience and skills in security, performance, hosting and general full-stack web development to make sure we deliver a safe, fast and lovely product even faster and with greater developer happiness. Even while we grow from being one of the leaders on the Swedish market to a global player with all the challenges that come with a multi-market product.
Compared to the roles in our feature team this role will get you involved in more areas and you will pitch in where it's needed rather than focus all your effort on one of our business areas. You will take more SRE responsibility, focus more on tooling but work further from our users.
Example of recent core team work:
- Implement 2FA through TOTP.
- Script our infrastructure.
- Implement tests for some promotions / sales.
- Investigate a site wide slowdown in UK and fix the problem.
- Migrate from EF6 to EF Core.
- Work on Salary as that team doesn't exist yet.
- Work on API based bank import because that affects all teams.
- Improve our admin CLI so it's easier to work with for support.
- Help with UK fixes that end up between the team.
- Implement a safe way to download a company from prod to dev to ensure we can investigate errors with a limited data exposure risk.
- Build on our tools solution that provide some operational tools. For example, to safely share keys with 3rd parties.
- Setup up a strongly typed language solution in React.
- Generate strongly typed proxies for our API in React.
- Migrating our inbound email infrastructure to make sure we can build a safer product.
- Create a solution to make sure our developers can't accidentally pull in data from another company.
- Increase our Security Posture by hardening our cloud environments.
- Setup security training days for the whole company.
- Investigate automated breach warning.
What will you learn on this job?
It is a fairly theoretical role where many of the tasks involve research and testing new frameworks, libraries and methods. You will have large opportunities to learn a lo of new things in the areas of security, hosting and SRE, system design, performance, testing and api design.
Who do we think is right for this job?
You absolutely do not need to tick all these boxes.
- You are empathetic and a great communicator.
- You have grit. When things get hard you simply try harder.
- You are analytical and like every chance to improve both yourself, the team and the product.
- You have a good feeling for which code that require extra attention to correctness and when you can prioritize speed.
- You know C# or Java.
- You know SQL.
- You have experience with hosting and monitoring.
- You are good at security, or some of the security areas.
- You have a couple of years of experience in building and maintaining software .
- You want to take a lot of security responsibility in everything from hosting and safe access management to running security educations for the other developers.
- You have experience of securing cloud environments. Preferably Azure.
- You get to enjoy the company of skilled and kind people from around the world.
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from home much of the time.
- Skilled and friendly colleagues, according to our employee surveys the colleagues is the best thing with Bokio.
- Great possibilities to improve you skills as a developer through tough and interesting challenges plus the possibility to take courses as part of your work.
- An awesome office in central Gothenburg.
- This role is also available for remote work. You will need to spend some time in the office in the beginning though to get going.
In the main project we are using:
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server
- HTML5/CSS3 (we only support modern browsers
Are you the one we are looking for?
Or, do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!