We are looking for a lead developer for our new salary team.
Bokio is already helping 50 000 persons in Sweden to run their company. Now we are looking for you who want to make that even easier and expand to help people in other countries too.
Why is this job important?
When you work at Bokio you will be able to improve the life of millions of small business owners by making our already loved product even faster and easier to use. Your work will help them to be better at one the most important, and daunting, parts of their life.
A lot of companies use Salary in Bokio, but honestly, we are not that happy with it. We have a good vision of how we would like to evolve it to help our users much better. Today you need to know how salaries work. We will be able to remove that requirement. But we need to build this team and getting you in place is the most important step.
What will you do?
Initially, you will build the second version of Salary together with our CTO Mikael. But you will also be part of recruiting at least two other developers to this team. As dev-lead in the team, you will mostly do the same work as any other developers but you will also have more responsibility around multiple things:
- Mentoring other developers
- Roadmap planning
Your responsibilities will also include doing code reviews (and being reviewed), writing tests and making sure the code is readable.
What will you learn on this job?
"We work with award-winning designers. The interaction with these have taught me more in one and a half year than the 8 previous years I’ve been building software. When working in a start-up, you will see the effects of your work very quickly. This feedback is also incredibly valuable to evolve your skills. You will see right away if your assumptions about the users were correct and if you are the right person for this job you will learn new things every day from the constant evaluation. And every day you will become a better developer because of it."
- Mikael Eliasson
This is in no way an easy job. The requirements for correctness is very high which is a challenge when we are trying to radically change things and replace human actions with software. That is also the great thing with working at Bokio. You will become a much better and quality conscious developer. You will learn how to conduct efficient code reviews, effective unit, and integrations tests and even more importantly how you can embed business rules in the code in a way that it's easy to control and understand. We work with lots of data so you will learn a lot about writing blistering fast code. You will also get much better at security and learn to find security weaknesses.
Who do we think is right for this job?
- You are empathic and really care about how we affect the users
- You have grit. When things get hard you simply try harder
- You are analytical and like every chance to improve both yourself, the team and the product
- You have a good feeling for which code that require extra attention to correctness and when you can prioritize speed
- You know C# or Java really well
- You know Asp.net MVC or similar technologies
- You know SQL (Entity framework is a big plus)
- Bonus: You are great at algorithms
- Bonus: You know a lot about AI
- Bonus: You have experience with image processing
- Bonus: You know accounting
- Bonus: You have had your own company or any other experience relevant to what we are doing
- You get to enjoy the company of skilled and kind people from around the world
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from home much of the time
- Skilled colleagues, we only hire people that pass our tests
- Work with modern technologies and be on the edge of what's possible to do with a computer
- Great possibilities to improve your skills as a developer through tough and interesting challenges plus the possibility to take courses as part of your work
- An awesome office in central Gothenburg
In the main project we are using:
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server
- React (switching from AngularJS)
- HTML5/CSS3 (we only support modern browsers
Are you the one we are looking for?
Or, do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!