Bokio is on a mission to make the world a better place for small businesses. We're now expanding our Fintech department in Stockholm with a position for a senior Java developer with a strong DevOps focus to help us improve and secure our cloud infrastructure.
These are the tools of the trade
We work primarily in Linux and love the command line. Our platform is based on Java SE 11 micro services that run on Kubernetes. We’re doing continuous delivery and use Docker and Docker Compose for test automation. There are no testers in the team, instead we rely heavily on our automated tests and deployment pipelines. We use Apache Kafka for event sourcing and have created our own custom framework to make it easy to develop and maintain each micro service. We have no dependencies on external frameworks.
We’re using Google Cloud Platform and we configure our environments using Google Deployment Manager and HashiCorp Terraform wired together with custom tooling written in TypeScript. We use GitHub for both code and configuration.
We would love for you to come and take us further towards a better DevOps and DevSecOps future. You’ll be working in a team of experienced developers on everything from pure product development to build tooling, but always with a special eye on infrastructure.
We’d love it if you...
- Have a deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and tooling
- Have 5+ years experience of Java development
- Are friends with Docker, Kubernetes and Micro Services
- Are comfortable developing, deploying, running and debugging your software in Linux environments
- Have curiosity and a highly collaborative work style, you are empathic and really care about how we affect the users
- Have worked in customer critical applications where security was important
- Are a good communicator and comfortable with spoken and written English
What’s in it for you
- An opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable colleagues
- A diverse workplace, with skilled and kind people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from home from time to time
- Awesome offices in central Gothenburg & Stockholm
- Wellness grant, pension and other benefits. Including waffles!
Who we are
Bokio makes it super easy for everyone to run a business through automation of financial services, accounting, payments and taxes. We make sure our users understand their finances and have the right tools to make the best decisions for their businesses.
You are welcome at Bokio for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace! We are creating a culture at Bokio where empathy, diversity, respect and courage are front and centre.Apply for this job