Bokio is on a mission to make the world a better place for small businesses. We're now expanding our Fintech department in Stockholm with a position for a DevOps person to help us improve and develop our tech stack. The fintech department is responsible for the payment platform powering Bokio bank and card products.
You will be part of a small, cross-functional team that has full responsibility and accountability for everything from infrastructure, APIs, and back-office applications.
Our working environment
Our platform is based on Java SE 11 micro services running in Kubernetes.We’re doing continuous delivery and use Docker and Docker Compose for test automation. There are no testers in the team, instead we rely heavily on our automated tests and deployment pipelines. We use Apache Kafka for event sourcing and have created our own custom micro service framework to make it easy to develop and maintain our stack. Everything is running on Linux and our desktop environments are macOS and/or Linux.
We’re using Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and configure our environments using Google Deployment Manager and HashiCorp Terraform along with custom tooling written in Go, TypeScript and bash. For managing our VM images we mostly use packer. All code and configurations are kept under source control in GitHub.
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure and tooling
- Have 4+ years proven experience of IT infrastructure operations
- Work experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Micro Services
- Used to developing, deploying, running and debugging software in a Linux environments using the command line is a major plus
- Work experience with GCP and provisioning of infrastructure, preferable using Terraform (we are migrating from Google Deployment Manager)
- Curiosity and a highly collaborative work style, you are empathic and really care about how your work affect the users and your colleagues
- Have worked in customer critical applications where security was important
- You are a great communicator and excellent with spoken and written English
About the job
- An opportunity to grow and learn from knowledgeable colleagues
- A diverse workplace, with skilled and kind people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from home from time to time
- Awesome offices in central Gothenburg & Stockholm
- Wellness grant, pension and other benefits
Bokio makes it super easy for everyone to run a business through automation of financial services, accounting, payments and taxes. We make sure our users understand their finances and have the right tools to make the best decisions for their businesses.
You are welcome at Bokio for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace! We are creating a culture at Bokio where empathy, diversity, respect and courage are front and center.
Get a glimpse of Life at Bokio here, here and here.