Bokio is already helping 50 000 persons in Sweden to run their company. Now we are looking for you who want to make that even easier and expand to help people in other countries too.
Why is this job important?
When you work at Bokio you will be able to improve the life of millions of small business owners by making our already loved product even faster and easier to use. Your work will help them to be better at one the most important, and daunting, parts of their life.
As a full-stack developer, you will work on helping our customers by creating smart integrations, intelligent algorithms and well performing and scalable code. All this will let help our customers to be more efficient, feel confident that they got their accounting correct and happier. You will be part of taking the Bokio platform to the next level and prepare us for global expansion.
What will you do?
You will be working on improving what we already have, implementing new features, improving performance, building our API's... And the rest of the stuff you do as a full-stack developer in any other company. You will work with both the back-end and front-end code.
Depending on your strengths and interests there are also many specialized tasks that could fit you.
- AI and smart algorithms based on heuristics to
Your responsibilities will also include doing code reviews (and being reviewed), writing tests and making sure the code is readable.
What will you learn on this job?
"We work with award-winning designers. The interaction with these have taught me more in one and a half year than the 8 previous years I’ve been building software. When working in a start-up, you will see the effects of your work very quickly. This feedback is also incredibly valuable to evolve your skills. You will see right away if your assumptions about the users were correct and if you are the right person for this job you will learn new things every day from the constant evaluation. And every day you will become a better developer because of it."
- Mikael Eliasson
This is in no way an easy job. The requirements for correctness is very high which is a challenge when we are trying to radically change things and replace human actions with software. That is also the great thing with working at Bokio. You will become a much better and quality conscious developer. You will learn how to conduct efficient code reviews, effective unit and integrations tests and even more importantly how you can embed business rules in the code in a way that it's easy to control and understand. We work with lots of data so you will learn a lot about writing blistering fast code. You will also get much better at security and learn to find security weaknesses.
Who do we think is right for this job?
- You are empathic and really care about how we affect the users
- You have grit. When things get hard you simply try harder
- You are analytical and like every chance to improve both yourself, the team and the product
- You have a good feeling for which code that require extra attention to correctness and when you can prioritize speed
- You know C# or Java
- Bonus: You are great at algorithms
- Bonus: You know a lot about AI
- Bonus: You have experience with image processing
- Bonus: You know accounting
- Bonus: You have had your own company or any other experience relevant to what we are doing
- You get to enjoy the company of skilled and kind people from around the world
- Flexible working hours and freedom to work from home much of the time
- Skilled colleagues, we only hire people that pass our tests
- Work with modern technologies and be on the edge of what's possible to do with a computer
- Great possibilities to improve your skills as a developer through tough and interesting challenges plus the possibility to take courses as part of your work
- An awesome office in central Gothenburg
In the main project we are using:
- ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server
- React (switching from AngularJS)
- HTML5/CSS3 (we only support modern browsers
Apply for the job
Send your application to email@example.com
Or, do you know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!